The Perfect Pork Chop Sandwich
- PORK CHOP INGREDIENTS
- 1-2 Lbs. Pork Tenderloin
- 2 Cups Buttermilk
- 4 Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 3 Cups Panko Crumbs
- Oil for Frying Recommend a Canola-Vegetable Blend or Canola Oil
- 1 Cup MIES ORIGINAL BREADING (Or Your MIES BREADING of Choice)
- SLAW INGREDIENTS
- 1 Package Shredded Cabbage & Carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- ¾ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp. White Vinegar
- Cut the tenderloin into quarters. Using a meat mallet, pound each piece until it is ¼ inch thick and about 6 inches wide. Put the buttermilk in a baking dish, add the pork, cover, and let marinate in the refrigerator overnight or up to 2 days.
- In a large deep saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat to 350°. Take the pork out of the marinade and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Make a three stage breading station with MIES BREADING, eggs, and panko crumbs in separate shallow bowls. Place the pork pieces first in the MIES BREADING, turning to coat; shake off excess. Dip the pork in the egg and let excess drip off. Then dredge in the panko crumbs, pressing until total coverage is achieved.
- Fry the pork in batches until golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes – internal temperature of pork to be at or above 145°. Place on paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- SLAW DIRECTIONS Add all slaw ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
- Create Pork Chop Sandwich and top with Slaw. Serve & Enjoy!!
Serving Tip ~ Toast buns and serve with Pickle Slices.