Stunning Salmon Cakes
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Cup MIES ORIGINAL BREADING (Or Your MIES BREADING of Choice)
- ¼ Cup Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 Celery Stalk, Diced
- ¼ Cup Italian Parsley, Finely Chopped
- ¼ Tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp. “Bay” Seasoning
- MIES ORIGINAL BREADING, For Coating (Or Your MIES BREADING of Choice)
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- ¼ Tsp. Hot Sauce
- ¼ Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Black Pepper
- ½ Lb. Cooked Salmon
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tsp. Dijon Mustard
- 2 Large Eggs, Lightly
- Place butter, oil, onion, celery, parsley, hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, bay seasoning, salt and pepper in a large sauce pan.
- Coo over medium-low heat until vegetables are soft, approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Then, cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, flake the salmon.
- Add ½ cup MIES BREADING, mayonnaise, mustard, and eggs and toss lightly.
- Add the cooked mixture into the large bowl and mix well.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Shape into salmon cakes, 2 ½ to 3 ounces each.
- Coat the patties with remaining MIES BREADING.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large sauce pan and bring to medium heat.
- Add the salmon cakes and fry for 3 to 4 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Place cooked salmon cakes on paper towel.
- Serve hot.