Hearty Beef Stew
- 2 ½ Lbs. Chuck Beef, Cut into 1 ½ Inch Cubes
- 1 ½ Cups MIES ORIGINAL BREADING (Or Your MIES BREADING of Choice)
- 4-6 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Yellow Onions, Cut into 1 Inch Cubes
- 1 Lb. Carrots, Peeled and Cut Diagonally into 1 ½ Inch Chunks
- 1 Lb. Small Potatoes, Halved or Quartered
- 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic (3 Cloves)
- 2 Cups Beef Stock or Broth
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Pepper
- 1 (10 Oz.) Package Frozen Peas
- Preheat oven to 350°. Dredge the cubes of beef in MIES BREADING and shake off the excess. Heat 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in a large pot and brown half the beef over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, turning to brown evenly. Place browned beef in a large oven-proof Dutch oven. Brown the remaining uncooked beef in the large pot and brown as outlined above - adding oil as necessary.
- Heat another 2 Tbsp. of olive oil in the large pot and add the onions, carrots, and potatoes. Cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Add the garlic and cook for 2 more minutes. Place all the vegetables in the Dutch Oven over the beef. Mix together the beef stock, Worcestershire Sauce, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat and then pour it over the meat and vegetables in the Dutch oven. Cover the pot and place it in the oven. Bake for 2 hours at 350° or until the meat and vegetables are all tender, stirring once. If the stew is boiling rather than simmering, lower the heat to 275°/250°.
- Before serving, stir in the frozen peas. Serve & Enjoy!!